Donation needs change frequently. Please check back for continued updates. Last Updated November 6, 2012 at 12am.
- One of the biggest needs for victims of Sandy is socks, particularly winter or wool. Where to Turn is asking schools on Staten Island to ask their students to donate socks to fill this need. They will coordinate the pickup of the socks from the schools. Any school interested school can contact them through facebook, at email@example.com or at 718-966-6516. Schools across the country can also participate and send the socks to: Where to Turn, 150-L Greaves Lane # 312, Staten Island, NY 10308
- The shelter at Susan Wagner High Schooll is in need of school supplies for children of all ages. Please bring supplies directly to the school at 1200 Manor Road, Staten Island) between 10am and 5pm daily.
- Bring food, clothes and water to the American Legion at 209 Cross Bay Boulevard in Broad Channel. Look for Broad Channel Civic Association and/or GCOP (Glendale Civilian Observation Control).
- The NYPD Community Affairs Unit is collecting donations at Resorts World Casino at 110-00 Rockaway Blvd in Jamaica, Queens (enter from 109th Street & Rockaway Blvd). They are in need of canned goods, water, paper goods, baby care products, clothing, toiletries, flashlights, backpacks and batteries. Questions can be directed to the Community Affairs Bureau at 646-610-5323 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Red Hook Initiative is accepting donations at their center located at 767 Hicks Street (corner of West 9th Street). Please show up to lend a hand in clean up and/or donate. MICCIO (110 West 9th Street) and Visitation Church (98 Richards Street) are taking non-perishables, water, diapers, feminine hygiene products and cleaning supplies. Please deliver to those locations. At 767 Hicks Street, they will need hot prepared food for dinner - check out http://facebook.com/RedHookInitiative or up-to-the-minute needs. 402 Van Brunt needs cleaning supplies tailored for industrial sized cleanups including masks, gloves, shovels, contractor bags, mops and drywall knives.
- Masbia of Flatbush is seeking financial donations to support its operation preparing hot meals for evacuees in Brooklyn. You can donate at: https://www.masbia.org/donate.asp
- The New York Yankees are collecting baby products, cleaning supplies, clothing, non-perishable foods, toiletries, pet food, paper and plastic household goods. Donations are accepted daily until further notice, 24-hours-a-day at Yankee Stadium Gate 2, located at 164th Street and Jerome Avenue in the Bronx.
- 6th Street Community Center is collecting nonperishable food, blankets, and winter coats. The drop off location is at 638 East 6th Street in Manhattan. Donations can be brought in12pm – 6pm daily.