- Stronger Communities
- Economic Growth
APPLYING FOR DISASTER ASSISTANCE:
- Scroll down to download and read Public Advocate Bill de Blasio's guides to assist small business owners and community residents impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
- In order to be eligible for disaster assistance from FEMA, you need to first complete an application form. This will take approximately 20 minutes and should be done immediately. There are 3 ways to register with FEMA:
1) Apply online at FEMA’s website: www.DisasterAssistance.gov,
2) Use a smartphone and visit FEMA’s mobile website at m.fema.gov
3) Call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) Monday through Sunday between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
- Path to Recovery - Guide for Small Businesses (.pdf)
- Path to Recovery - Guide for Community Residents (.pdf)
- Getting Help with Lost Income Due to Hurricane Sandy - English (.pdf)
- Getting Help with Lost Income Due to Hurricane Sandy - Spanish (.pdf)
- Storm Tips (.pdf)